The Jacob's Trouble Video Archives

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"The best Christian band no one has ever heard of..."

I got this great letter from a JT fan this week. Thanks for the encouragement, Rick!
Hello Jerry,
My name is Rick Starr from Irving,TX. I am so glad to see that you are serving our Lord in Las Vegas. I finally found JT's first two albums on CD and have been listening to them constantly. In my mind, JT is probably considered the best Christian band no one has ever heard of today. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the music y'all created. It came about at the right time in my life. I was heavily into mainstream music and thought that there couldn't be any Christian music out there that was good quality and that was also convicting and challenging. Not to mention, a great sense of humor. JT proved me wrong. As I decided to focus my life on Christ and live for Him, your music help me put my Christianity into perspective. I truly think it is sad that Christian music fans don't hold as much respect for older Christian bands like fans do for Mainstream bands. I helped promote PfR's comeback after 5 years but it seemed they lost a lot of their fanbase. I would love to see a resurgance in the music of Jacob's Trouble. I would love to see more bands like Third Day cover your tunes. I would love to cover some of your tunes in one of my shows as well. Please let me know if this is ok. Well, thanks so much for reading this.
Thanks again and God Bless,
Rick Starr

1 comment:

My Practice is My Power said...

agreed. one of the best. I love them. would lobve to see them live.