The Jacob's Trouble Video Archives

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

"Dreammaker" live video



DREAMMAKER
I actually dreamed the chorus to this song one night. I woke up with it still echoing in my head and wrote it down on a scrap of paper. I sang it to myself all week in an effort to not forget it.

The next band rehearsal, Mark came in and played us an idea for a new song he had. He played guitar and la-la-laed the melody. When he got to the end I sang the chorus I had dreamed and it fit perfectly. It was really kinda cool the way it worked out. Mark and I put our heads together and hammered out the words. I ended up writing the lyrics for the chorus and the first two verses, Mark penned the third verse himself.

It was one of those rare occasions where we actually collaborated on the writing of a song. Usually one of us would bring in a mostly finished idea and the band would just work out the arrangement. This was a delightful exception and is one of my favorite JT songs. I especially like Mark’s voice on it. He was a much better singer than he ever gave himself credit for.

No comments: